By 2034, the Indian e-commerce market will exceed the US to replace it as the second-largest market in the world, predicts the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, an initiative of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. According to the analysis, the e-commerce market would increase from US$ 46.20 billion in 2020 to US$ 111.40 billion in 2025, at a rate of 19.24% CAGR.
New e-commerce businesses face several unique challenges in highly competitive global markets. When starting an e-commerce business, there are many things to consider and keep track of. Right from handling e-commerce logistics and warehousing to website development and marketing, it gets difficult to keep track of everything at once.
This blog will highlight the struggles faced by e-commerce businesses in various facets of business and the solution to their obstacles.
5 Struggles and Their Solutions That E-commerce Sellers Face
- Lack of brand recognition
As an e-commerce seller, one of the challenges you may face is a lack of brand recognition. This can be a struggle when you are first starting, but there are ways to overcome it. Here are some tips:
- Make sure your products are high quality and competitively priced. This will help attract customers and build trust in your brand.
- Utilize social media and other online platforms to get your brand name out there. Use creative marketing strategies to reach your target audience.
- Focus on providing excellent customer service. This will create a loyal customer base which will further promote your brand on a global scale.
- Gaining the Confidence of the Consumer
As a new e-commerce seller, you may face some challenges when it comes to gaining consumer confidence. However, there are some things you can do to overcome these obstacles.
First, make sure that your website looks professional and easy to navigate. This will give potential customers the impression that you are a dedicated and reputable business.
Second, offer a money-back guarantee or some other type of satisfaction. This will show customers that you are confident about your merchandise and that you are willing to stand by the core values of your business.
Finally, provide excellent customer service. promptly respond to any questions or concerns that your customers may have. By providing top-notch customer service, you will build trust and confidence with your customers.
Following these tips, or taking help from a trusted third-party eCommerce logistics & shipping partner can turn out to be very effective in this case. You can overcome the challenges of gaining the confidence of your consumer base initially as 3PL experts are highly professional in dealing with various aspects of e-commerce logistics.
- Logistical Puzzles
Logistical puzzles can be a huge challenge for new e-commerce sellers. Here are some tips on how to overcome them:
- Keep your product mix simple at first. Offering too many products can complicate your fulfilment process and lead to errors.
- Choose a fulfilment partner carefully. Make sure they have prior experience in the industry you are targeting.
- Stay organized and plan. Have a clear understanding of your inventory levels and order volume to avoid overselling or running out of stock.
- Be flexible and adaptable to new market trends while your business grows. Your fulfilment process will likely change as your business expands, so make prior preparations.
- Long-term Growth
If you’re an e-commerce seller, you know that long-term growth can be a real challenge. There are so many things to keep track of – from inventory and shipping to marketing and customer service – and it can be exhausting to stay on top of everything. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! Some tips on how to overcome the challenges of long-term growth and keep your e-commerce business thriving.
- Keep track of your inventory and shipping.
- Marketing is key – make sure you’re doing it right.
- Keep your customers happy – they’re the key to your success.
- Stay on top of your finances – know where your money is going.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help – there are plenty of resources out there to support you.
- Shipping Challenges
Several potential obstacles can make the process of shipping very complicated. One of the most common challenges faced by new e-commerce sellers is finding a reliable e-commerce logistics & shipping provider.
NimbusPost can be a great fit for your business shipping requirements. It solves the challenges of calculating the shipping costs which may vary depending on the size and weight of the products being shipped, as well as the destination. So it is important to get accurate quotes from shipping providers before making any decisions.
NimbusPost also offers an online calculator to calculate and compare the shipping cost conveniently. It works with multiple courier partners in the country such as Delhivery, Shadowfax, Blue Dart, DTDC, etc., to provide a variety of shipping options.
Above mentioned tips can help new e-commerce sellers overcome major challenges and ensure that their brand ranks high in national and international markets, by delivering top-notch services to their targeted customers.